The Smoke

Humans are story telling animals. We tell stories about our lives, and we live within those stories. We use stories to create our past, present, and future. We find our beliefs, values, and morals embedded in our stories. We are fragile, breakable, and inside each of use there is something more, there is the smoke left over from the fire in our stories.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Lately I have been blogging via my other blog, Encounters of the Daily Kind. I don't know why, but I feel like The Smokey Glass should be mostly dark or reflective, and reserved to capture my growth as a writer.

Each time I want to publish a post, I try to think about which blog to post to. I guess I don't have a good enough game plan for either blog, I haven't quite "branded" each one. Yet, I am not comfortable with posting to just one of them. When I think of Encounters, I think about funny, ironic happenings. On the contrary, when I think of this blog, I think of writing my autoethnography and my struggles associated with reframing a particular story of my life. Then I get frustrated because I don't want either blog to be about just one thing.

I'm not sure what I need to do here. It also probably doesn't help that I haven't worked on my autoethnogrpahy project in over a month so haven't felt much like writing on this blog or even thinking about it. I fear starting back up on the autoethnography because each time I work on it I seem to end up in a really dark place. Since I stopped working on it a month ago, I have gained a more light-hearted perspective on many things in my life. I need to finish it though, I want to get back into it, I am just afraid of becoming angry again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are drinkin'.... I mean thinkin'....