The Smoke

Humans are story telling animals. We tell stories about our lives, and we live within those stories. We use stories to create our past, present, and future. We find our beliefs, values, and morals embedded in our stories. We are fragile, breakable, and inside each of use there is something more, there is the smoke left over from the fire in our stories.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Back to the Original Purpose....

As of late, I have been using the blog as a sounding board, for the most part. The intent of my blogging is really to network and record my progress as a writer. Although I will have times in which I will revert to the sounding board business, I really think it is important that I focus on organizing my thoughts and my intentions as a writer. I am making it a point to start and look for more writing contests, and other places I can try and get some work published. I will also be looking into internships, as I would love to gain entry into the field view a publishing office, editor's office, etc.

I feel that writing truly is my path, as it is a familiar road. I have so many works that I completed during my teenage years, and I plan to get them together, and, hopefully, have them published in a type of personal ethnography. I the meantime, I would also like to figure out a project for this summer. I am unsure of what I want to write about. I have toyed with the idea of writing a series of personal essays, relating to a similar theme. I am also considering, starting today, to really record everything up until the wedding, which is exactly three months from today. I have a journal that I physically write in, and feel very comfortable writing my feelings in that. I begged and begged for a laptop, and still, I find myself with a pen in my hand, a cramp in between my thumb and index finger, writing away, old-school style. I feel I can be the most open and honest when I am actually writing, and not relying on a laptop or other keyboard to get my point across.

I hope that I meet some people along the way who can advise and inspire me. Today, I will attempt to truly begin my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are drinkin'.... I mean thinkin'....